Ponder A Little (Blog)
|Posted on May 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM|
Let’s face it… there are plenty of unbelievers that think Christians are crazy. We all know it. It’s a simple fact. They roll their eyes and snicker concluding that only imbeciles would believe in a God, waste time in church, study a book that is 2000 years old and follow a bunch of rules for living that don’t line up with modern day society.
The Bible even confirms this fact when it says, “The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing” (1 Cor. 1:18). And “the devil has blinded the minds of those who do not believe” (2Cor. 4:4). Until non-Christians take the time to seriously consider the validity of the Bible and the Christian faith, they simply will not understand.
Primarily, there are 4 things only a Christian can understand…
1. God is real. God is alive. God is awesome.
- Only Christians who have a personal relationship with Jesus can understand how real and awesome God is. Until we choose to believe, we cannot know God.
2. God answers prayers. He has limitless power.
- It is pretty incredible to experience amazing answered prayers. When God answers a prayer in a miraculous way, we are full of celebration and praise.
3. God’s very words are found in the Bible.
- It’s not just a book. It is God communicating with man. We cherish every word and hear God speak directly to our individual hearts.
4. God is full of grace. His love and mercy are never deserved but always bountiful.
- The grace, the love and the mercy of God leave us speechless. God’s grace is always bigger than our sin.
Sadly, there will always be snickering unbelievers missing out on the best gift ever offered to mankind. Nonetheless, Christians will continue to press on, sharing the Good News of Jesus and praying that more will come to understand.
Categories: Questions of Unbelievers